On Friday 7June, The Centre For Accessibility won the award for Excellence in Professional Services at the 11th annual 2019 Fremantle Chamber of Commerce Business Awards.
The Awards were hosted at the Fremantle Esplanade Hotel by Rydges with the purpose of bringing together and rewarding the most unique, distinctive and inventive business leaders as one of the great celebrations for the Fremantle business community.
The Award was given to the Centre For Accessibility as a result of its work in promoting the importance of digital access through its training workshops and online resource. The Centre was founded in 2018 initially as a partnership between Fremantle-based organisations DADAA, Media On Mars and Digital Access Specialist Dr Scott Hollier.
The full list of winners from the 2019 Fremantle business Awards are as follows:
- City Of Fremantle Leadership Award Sustainable Enterprise: The Raw Kitchen-Zero Store
- City Of Fremantle Leadership Award Destination Marketing Campaign: Fremantle Ports Quay To Summer Campaign
- Tams Excellence Award Marine, Engineering & Defence Industry: Ikad Engineering
- Excellence Award Professional Service: Centre For Accessibility
- Notre Dame Excellence Award Innovation: Wa Maritime Museum
- Award For Outstanding Event: City Of Fremantle – Street Arts Festival 2019
- Telstra Award For Best Retail: Glen Cowans Fine Art Photography Gallery
- Afa Award For Best Attraction: Wa Maritime Museum-The Antarctica Vr Experience
- Peoples Choice Award: Percy Flint
- Business Of The Year: Wa Maritime Museum
- Business Foundations Scholarship Winner: The Raw Kitchen – Zero Store
In a tweet on the night, Dr Scott Hollier stated that it was a privilege to represent the Centre For Accessibility in receiving the award. The Centre is continuing to explore new opportunities in promoting the importance of digital access with its recent launch of the Australian Access Awards, the first Australian national awards dedicated to the celebration of best practice in the use of accessible websites and apps.